There is nothing more important these days than energy efficiency. So Telegraph TV brought together Brian from British Gas and Kimberley from West London to see just how easy it is to save energy, and money….
- A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
- I will praise any man that will praise me.
- You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can find humor in anything, even poverty, you can survive it.
- Gray hair is God’s graffiti.
- Old is always fifteen years from now.
- You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who’ve never had any.
- I wasn’t always black… there was this freckle, and it got bigger and bigger.
- It isn’t a matter of black is beautiful as much as it is white is not all that’s beautiful.
- Men and women belong to different species and communications between them is still in its infancy.
- When you become senile, you won’t know it.
- My childhood should have taught me lessons for my own fatherhood, but it didn’t because parenting can only be learned by people who have no children.
- R. Meredith Belbin:
Do you want a collection of brilliant minds or a brilliant collection of minds?
- Jason Kidd upon being drafted to the Dallas Mavericks:
We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Robert Yates:
It is amazing what can be accomplished when nobody cares about who gets the credit.
- Robbert Oustin:
Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.
- Price Cobb, American race-car driver, after winning a 1988 race:
Some days you’re the bug. Some days you’re the windshield.
- Brian Dyson, CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises from 1959-1994:
Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling five balls in the air. You name them – work, family, health, friends, and spirit – and you’re keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls – family, health, friends, and spirit are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, or even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.
Life is good, without it we’d all be dead.
- Chinese proverb:
Man who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth must wait very, very long time.
- It is amazing how much you can accomplish when it doesn’t matter who gets the credit.
- There is no “I” in “TEAMWORK”.
- TEAM = Together Everyone Achieves More
- Teamwork is working together — even when apart
- Teamwork divides the task and doubles the success.
- Vince Lombardi (1913-1970), football coach for the NFL:
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.”
- Henry Ford:
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.